Thursday, November 27, 2008

New book to read..

today... after all the class finished, I went to plaza senayan with my mom. She picked me up at campus and went directly to plaza senayan. She said she wanted to pick the cosmetic that she ordered yesterday. after we picked the cosmetic, we went to kinokuniya.

I saw a book called "Escape From Amsterdam" by Barrie Sherwood. well.. the title didn't attract me but the story attracts me... and actually the story is about a Japanese people. Since I like Japanese's story, finally I bought the book.

In the cover I can see a quote from financial times, "edgy, sexy, and comic, with plenty of zip.". I don't know what that means... but i think the book is interesting and I started to read the book.

well yeah just in a couple of pages in the beginning, I read something surprising and because of that maybe I know why the financial times wrote "sexy".
but that's not all... the book still have more surprises for me as I continue to read.

" Japanese University student Aozora is used to interruptions to his studies - his father telling him how lucky and prestigious he is to be in the course he is, his dreams of the bribes he can pocket when working in the Ministry for Construction, his wishes he'd get back with his ex and his scoring of every other female in comparison, and so on, but not interruptions like these.
First, there's the small matter of a fortune in debt he owes to some small-time thugs. Then, there's the death of a relative and the way he's dragged back to his swampy, backwoods village to meet up with his father and try and arrange the whopping inheritance he's now due.
Then, there's the search for his sister Mai, who as co-inheritor needs to be present so that both can sign their fifty per cent into their own hands. Unfortunately, this is by no means easy, and it soon becomes clear to Aozora that Mai needs to be prised from the grip of some much bigger guns in the underworld, and from their links with a Dutch-themed pleasure park with Yakuza connections." (Escape from Amsterdam.2007)

well that's the review that I picked from a site. Anyway, anyone have read the book??


source:
http://www.thebookbag.co.uk/reviews/index.php/Escape_from_Amsterdam_by_Barrie_Sherwood

4 comments:

CHS said...

So, what does it mean with "sexy" ?
I am so curious.

Fahmi said...

hahahah... wait until I finish the book okay? ^^ anyway better not to discuss about the meaning here... we have to go academic style here.. ^^

Charles said...

If you really want to find out why not read the book? I'll bet you know what it means!
Keep reading English!

Fahmi said...

yeah... I already read the book until chapter 3 right now... ^^ what an interesting book ^^