Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BLACKOUT!!! My nemesis ever...

Last Saturday, exactly September 20th, I was planning to do my homeworks and study for the quiz on Monday. At 7 PM I turned on my laptop, open the MS Word, typing 2 lines of movie summary task, and bzzzzztt.... whole of my house suddenly became dark. It's a blackout after all. The first thing that came to mind is "SH*T!! The PLN trying to disturb my work again!?". I was so pissed off, PLN promise that there won't be any blackout on fasting month, but now look at the fact... Apparently the generator were busted, so I guess I could forgive PLN this time. But the worst thing is that were lasted until the next day. I was waiting until 1 AM and there was still a blackout. I can't sleep well that day, it was so hot I can't stand it. I opened the window to make the room cooler and it really was cooler, but... a lot of mosquitoes swarm made me can't sleep. In the end, at the next day I had to go to my boarding house earlier than usual to finish my works. Hopefully, my work finished on time but alas I didn't have much time left to study for the quiz. We'll see the result after this holiday...

Actually this is not my first time having blackout at the bad time. When I was in senior high, precisely when I was having pre-UAN, there was a blackout too. That was worse, the blackout started at 7 AM until 3 AM, in other words 18 hours!? Give me a break. At that time, after I came back from school, I can't take a bath because the water runs out. Its because the water pump stopped working since there was a blackout. I can't even wash my hands... Can you imagine that? And another problem came to my mind, I had to study for pre-UAN but the emergency light could only last for 2 hours. Until 9 PM, the light still off... I had studied only a few things. I decided to give up and rest. I think that's the best way to do after all. Preserving my stamina to face the test. And I'm really confident at the test too, since it's Chemistry and English test. I'm pretty good at it actually. But even so, I'm still disappointed because I couldn't do my best at that time. Well, at least I didn't get <6 marks on the subject.

I'm just hoping that PLN won't give another trouble in the future, especially when there will be an exam going on.

3 comments:

CHS said...

I am sorry to hear that..
In fact, PLN's generators are old and they need to be replaced with the new ones.

Charles said...

Resa, Yes, we all understand what a huge hassle that can be. But remember people studied for centuries without electricity. Many of the world's greatest books were written by candlelight. This doesn't help you, of course, but it is something to think about.
Good luck!

Resa said...

hmm
yeah I know...
maybe it's because I'm not used to it
I already live with electricity since I was kid, because of that I become so depend on it.
Anyway thank you for your concern.