Thursday, September 11, 2008

Food Journal : Pepper Lunch

Well after a long class today, I have nothing to do. So I think I should check some book at kinokuniya, Plaza senayan. When I arrived I got a change of plans, my stomach is asking for a refill [the book can wait but my stomach can]. I’m thinking to try this place called Pepper Lunch. The place is cozy and it smells great [I don’t know if this is me hungry or it’s really great]. The service is nice they give you an early reservation when you come in [I got table no. 6]. Well I’m a hungry man with a budget, so upon seeing the menu I ordered the Cut Steak with egg [a steak but not too expensive]. After the order I went to my table. Upon waiting 10- 20 minutes the steak arrived at my table. This is when the fun begins. The food that arrived at the table is pretty much raw, so you cook your own food at the table [If you don’t know how to cook they show you the way but for me, I do it my own way]. You can pick a lot of sauce from sweet honey to teriyaki sauce. For me I pick the honey sauce and the garlic sauce [it’s a unique mix of sauce]. After a little mixing, frying and flipping my lunch is done. The smell is just plain great, the taste is nice, and the texture just right. But if you mix your food wrong well you know it could get a little ugly. Nevertheless the idea is original. You can cook your food according to your liking and mood. So the taste of the food is personal. As a young amateur cook I like the place, pretty creative. Oh yeah the most important thing of all, the price range. For me the price range is nice for this kind of food. The range is around 28k to 90k. My steak is around 60k, not too expensive for a steak like that.

Ps: I don’t find any interesting book on kino today so my reading must wait [don’t worry sir I have a lot of book that I haven’t finished yet].
if you want to see my blog site here the address:http://trltjournal.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

CHS said...

Do you love to eat and trying new foods? Well, I love to eat too!