Sunday, September 21, 2008

Write codes, compile, and.......CRASH !!

This time I will tell you my experience with C++.....
Yesterday I was trying to do the programming princples' assignment at page 101 number 3.32. We have to make a program which can convert binary number into decimal number. Actually, I have made the program, and it was succeed. But I am still not satisfied because my codes are too long. I used "if statement" a lot. Steven said that you can made it with looping which should make the codes shorter than mine. Immediately I tried to remake my program with looping. You know what happen next? After I compiled it, a pop-up window appeared and it said that my program need to be closed. I think there was a mistake about my codes, so I tried again. Unfortunately it became worse than before.....After I compiled it, my computer restarted. I don't know where I do it wrong.
Writing codes is fun, but be careful not to crash your computer like I did. I think it would be better if we wait for sir Charles Lim to explain us how to use Virtual Machine.

5 comments:

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...

t should be C, not C++ Christian. I told you that it can be made using it but it doesn't mean you have to follow my way. When your coding crashed, that makes me the devil ^^.

By the way little tips, hope can help you, crashes(?) or program termination happen usually on the "bad looping" and when you try to divide any number with zero (accidentally or not), those two are the common error

CHS said...

Sorry I didn't mean it like that.

Winston said...

Thx for the advise Chris... Now i will be more careful when doing programming...

Resa said...

it's a good experience actually ^^
and it's good for you to share with us