Friday, September 12, 2008

Voltage-Stabilizer is Important

Today I am installing a voltage-stabilizer in my room. I connect it with all electronic devices in my room (There are TV, Computer, Modem, and a Hub). Voltage-stabilizer is an electronic device able to deliver relatively constant output voltage while input voltage and load current changes over time. Usually unstable voltage can make our electronic devices not working well, even damaged.
Example: a hard disk is working when voltage is going up or down (unstable), this may cause the hard disk reader unit (shaped like a needle pointer) movement disoriented and stratch the metal disc inside it. Of course the hard disk will be damaged. So it's necessary to use a voltage-stabilizer.
The pointer of voltmeter in my voltage-stabilizer often goes to left or right meaning that the voltage is not stable. How about the voltage in your home? If it is unstable like mine, better have a voltage-stabilizer installed.

2 comments:

CHS said...

I forgot to type the source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_stabilizer

Bayu Dhanubroto said...

wew... already the second entry... dude, you RAWKS !