Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Data Safety measures

Today i faced a major problem regarding data. My harddrives crashed and left me out with a laptop that can't even go to windows, it always shows that it can't load operating system. It become a stressful day even in the morning. I ended up formatting my hard drives in the campus and i lose many valuable datas, even the essay that i'm supposed to hand in tommorrow is gone (i rewrite it all over). 

I was told by my friends that in order to protect your data in case something happen, you should create a regular backup for the data, yes i did have it on CD and flashdisk and apparently i lost both (if anybody had seen it, please tell me A.S.A.P, kingston 8GB, black), so it's a dead end for me. The other way is to have two partitions on your hard drives, one for Operating System and one for all your data. In case that your operating system crashed you could just format the harddrive that contains the operating system, and the data can be retrieved safely from the other partitions. Better safe than sorry guys! from now on create backup regularly (yes i'm lazy also) and move your data away from the hard drives that contains the operating system. It really pissed me off that i lose some very important data. 

No comments: