Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Journey to Garut

Today I have just arrived at my home from Bandung. I spent three days for my vacation. At first, I didn't want to go; but, as I knew that Resa was going to go to Garut, I decided to go. I planned to visit his house in Garut, as it is not so far from Bandung.
I, with my family, departed in Monday morning. In the journey we found some difficulties, such as crowded road and lost of direction. We are not very familiar with the roads outside Jakarta, so we had to ask people about the place we wanted. We were confused when we encountered a very steep road. Not only steep, but it is also damaged; it has so many holes. Our car didn't have enough power to climb it. Then we decided to get off from the car so that it can go up. The result is, the car successfully arrived at the top of the road, but we were very exhausted because we had to walk. I was afraid that my grandfather couldn't make it. Somehow, we managed to survive that steep road. After passing it, we entered Kampung Sampireun to stay. The place is so nice and beautiful. We could see a mountain view and a beautiful lake in the center of the resort. In addition, the food was so delicious that I couldn't stop eating.
The next morning, we continued our travel to Garut, my friend's hometown (Resa). I think Garut is a small town, but the road is crowded and confusing. We found Resa's house easily since it is located exactly beside Yogya Supermarket (that is a coincidence: Resa's last name is Yogya!). After ringing the bell, Resa opened the door so that I could enter. Inside, I chat for a while with him. After a few minutes I left his house because my family wanted to continue the journey to Lembang. I was a bit dissapointed because I thought that I could stay longer.
There were not many things we did after that. We stayed in Lembang Asri Resort, went to Bandung to shop in Rumah Mode, then we went home. In my opinion, this vacation is enough for me to refresh my brain so that I can continue working on my project and homeworks.

2 comments:

Resa said...

now garut is become crowded because of its the road is narrow and lot of tourism come there...
moreover, many "pedagang kaki lima" is "eating" the road...
thanks for coming on the other day.
sorry i wasn't be able to accompany you to another tourism spot since my friends are coming.

RanXpeed said...

How is lembang asri resort in terms of hospitality and infrastructure? is it a good place for honeymooners?