Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fun Fair

My friends from high school asked me if I wanted to go to Mahatma Gading’s fun fair (Mahatma Gading is the name of our high school). I agreed, so on Saturday I visited my old school. My first surprise when I got there was the entrance fee. At the time I attended the school we also had a fun fair and the admission ticket costs only Rp.2,000 but now it costs Rp.10,000. I was also surprised at how much less people came compared to the previous years. The fun fair itself was quite similar to that of the previous years; it included a variety of stalls selling different kinds of food, science and art exhibitions, simple games such as ring toss, haunted house etc. One new addition however was the flying fox, which was setup above the pool. In the middle of the courtyard there was a stage where modern dances and band performances took place. The Indonesian singer Afgan (who I wasn’t quite familiar with but who to other people seemed like a big deal) was scheduled to appear later on that day.

I must admit that I did not really enjoy the fun fair. It was really hot and the games were quite boring probably because I’ve already played them the years before and there was no new interesting food to try. The only bright side of the whole thing was that I got to hang out with my old high school friends who, despite my best efforts, I don’t see too often anymore. It also started to rain just before Afgan was scheduled to appear, so my friends and I left thinking that maybe he wasn’t worth waiting in the rain for. I don’t think I am going to go to the next fun fair, unless they decide to do a complete revamp of the event.

1 comment:

Leonard said...

Well i couldn't come. It's the same every year??