Thursday, January 15, 2009

Movie Review : YES MAN !

This movie is about a man who just gone through a bad break-up with his fiance - or girl friend ! i forgot ! - and missing out on life. He keep saying no to every opportunity he got and he shut out every friends that he have. So basically, his life is going towards the gutter until one day one of his friends show up and ask him to this YES ! seminar. Even he didn't really want to come, but he did. And he made this sacred promise in that seminar, witch requires him to always says yes to opportunity. And that is how the story kinda kicks off.
This movie is a very fun movie ! And it is very hilarious ! I watched this movie after doing that final presentation for programming principals and this movie really help me to relax and forget about University. Jim Carey is one of kind actor, i have to say that there is nobody could replace him on every movies his on. He is just so hilarious ! I think he is my 2nd favorite artist in the world ( my favorite artist is Adam Sandler ). But, the real talking point of this movie is Zoey Dechanel. She play as Jim Carey's new girlfriend in this movie. She was very beautiful in this movie, i would watch that movie again just to see her. She has played in some other movies like the happening, but i dont really pay to much attention to her in that movie so i didnt realize how cute she is. For the guys, i suggest you check it out, if you dont like the movie, at least you would enjoy 100 minutes of Zoey Dechanel.
To sum things up, i think this movie is a must watch. probably the funniest movie i watch since Night at the Museum ( but i haven't watch Bed Time Story ). So if you looking for a laugh than you have your movie. I give this one 4,5 stars out of 5.

2 comments:

Monica Hadeli said...

I agree, yes man is a very fun movie. I also agree that Zooey Deschanel is the best thing is this movie...and I'm not a guy :P She's been one of my favourite actresses for quite a while...she also has a great singing voice, for those interested she also has an album out.
As a long time fan of Deschanel, I also agree that this movie is well worth seeing just for her :)

Charles said...

Bayu -
If you like Adam Sandler you might enjoy Bedtime Stories. See Steven's review (& my comment.)
I think he's done better though.