Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Holiday

This holiday mark the first time in a long time that I did not go anywhere special. Most of my days were spent at home and it’s surrounding areas. I think we all know the reason for this; it is due to the amount of work that was assigned to us. Thus most of my time was spent on said assignments.

However during the brief periods of time that were free, I opted to relax and stay home instead of going out as that would require more energy and result in tiredness. I did go to malls in my area, but I only stayed for small amounts of time, mostly just to eat. At home I was able to do quite a lot of reading, aside from the technology book we had to read for the book review, I managed to finish a hilarious novel by David Sedaris and am now on the verge of finishing “The Time Traveler’s Wife” which I must say is a very interesting read and very hard to put down. I was also able to listen to a lot of music albums, which turned out to be among the best albums of 2008 in my opinion. They include Ra Ra Riot’s “The Rhumb Line” and Bon Iver’s “For Emma, Forever Ago”. If you are interested in the indie/alternative genre, then I advise you to really give these albums a listen, they are marvelous.

This is also I think the first holidays ever that I did not go to the cinemas to watch a movie, not that there is nothing interesting to see, just that it was hard to find the time to do so. However, I did watch movies at home on dvd. One particular high light was a 2004 movie called Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind. It had such an amazing and original concept. It was also funny but incredibly moving. It has definitely become one of my favourites.

So, that pretty much sums up what I have been doing in the last two weeks. Even though it was brief, I did manage to do the things I love but I am really looking forward to a break with no assignments!

3 comments:

CHS said...

You are such a "bookworm"...
I wonder why your eyes are still good, not wearing glasses.

Resa said...

maybe she read in good position...
i mean, my left eye become minus because i always read in sleep position to the left

Monica Hadeli said...

I actually also wonder myself why I don't use glasses...I also always read in a sleeping position, sometimes reading sitting down, upright in a chair gives me a headache. Maybe it's because I have good genes :]