Friday, November 14, 2008

Indocomtech, 14 November 2008

Today I went to JCC with my friend, who lives in the same boarding house as mine. After we pay for the entrance ticket we went inside and there was a lot of stand selling computer hardware such as flashdisks, portable harddisks, motherboards, VGA cards, CDs, DVDs, etc. Then we went to the other hall, and we found more stand there. Almost all stands are related to computer, and as oky said, you can find a lot of laptops here. We split, and after walking around, I saw a Binusian sophomore in Speedy stand, Fion. I was so surprised because she was wearing speedy uniform, apparently she was having part-time job there. Then I went to the other hall, which was Indo Games exhibition. There, I found a lot things related to games, from arcade to WCG (World Cyber Games). I watched a while the Counter-Strike match, the contestant seemed so professional. There is also a stage there; a music band is performing Simple Plan’s song. I found a stand which was promoting Indonesian games, they sell a game cd which includes 38 games inside of it and it’s developed by Divine Kids (Indonesian game developer). They also were showing their online games project, which is called Nusantara Online. But I think it’s still can’t compete with the other online games. After that, I went to the Book Fair. Lots of good books can be found there, from comic to encyclopedia. I also found International books which are used as our text book in Binus and it was cheaper. Maybe they give discount in this event so it’s cheaper. After having some fun, I and my friend went back to our boarding house.

This event will be held until 16 November. For those who haven’t got any plan for this weekend, I recommend you to go here. It’s a rare event in Indonesia, don’t miss it.

No comments: