Friday, November 28, 2008

Jouney in 3D

After class on Thursday, my family and I decided to watch the 3D showing of Journey to the Centre of the Earth at EX. Journey to the Centre of the Earth is actually a classic novel written by Jules Verne, who also wrote Around the World in Eighty Days. To be clear, the movie is not an adaption of the novel. However, in the movie the modern characters go on a similar journey and follow clues from the book.

In my opinion, the story of the movie was very mediocre and rather predictable, probably because it is aimed at a younger audience. However I am quite intrigued by the plot, perhaps the book will be a good read. It was quite fun watching the movie in 3D, it made everything seem more vivid, colourful and interesting. This movie, to be sure, is not a must-see but then again, if you have spare time and there is nothing else for you to watch, you might enjoy it and have a little fun with it. I suggest you watch it in 3D though, otherwise I don’t think it will be that interesting.

2 comments:

Fahmi said...

3D movie? isn't that only in Singapore? because I saw that 3D movie advertising but it says "in singapore"..

Monica Hadeli said...

yes it's also available in Indo, only in a few theatres though. If I'm not mistaken its only in EX and either Plaza Senayan or Senayan City. Forgot which one