Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Genuine vs Cracked

Do you always use genuine or original softwares? Or do you use cracked/mod softwares more often? Here I'll tell you the good and bad things of each side.
Genuine softwares are supporting updates and guaranteed, but unfortunately its relatively expensive. Cracked softwares are cheap or even free and it works as good as the original version, but it's not supporting updates and dangerous. Every time you connected to the Internet, usually the softwares will check for the updates and you can enjoy it you're using the original version but this is not apply to cracked version. If you do update the cracked software, it won't work anymore since it's fixed in the updates, moreover it can cause the system to crash. I ever used the cracked windows xp on my desktop pc and when I install the updates then reboot the system, the only things that I can see is black/blank. Later on, I know why it was crashed, it's because the cracked version is not compatible with the updates. In windows vista, this problem is often known as "Blue Screen". If you have problems with your genuine software, you can just call the customer service or e-mail them the problems and they'll help you, no charges, except the telephone bill I guess. In cracked things, you should be careful. You can't contact the customer services, except the one who cracked it and I doubt they'll help you. Sometimes, there are bad crackers too. They include the malicious programs such as virus, worm, and trojan in the software.
I have many bad experiences using cracked softwares. So, I recommend you guys to use the genuine one if you can afford it.

4 comments:

CHS said...

The only genuine software I have is only Windows Vista in my laptop...

Andrew Winata said...

but they really expensive!!you should remember jogja!!

Leonard said...

Well as a Program junkie i like to have an original program. But it's not always cheap so... Viva La Mangga 2.

Oky Mauludany said...

Actually, if you use Windows XP, you could browse on the internet how to make windows genuine.