Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mythbusters

In a comment about the contact lens story I mentioned Mythbusters. If you haven't seen it it's definitely worth a look. It's on Discovery Channel. They combine a bit of science with sometimes very funny attempts to prove or disprove common myths. Now, after 6 seasons, they've done hundreds of great experiments that sometimes involve blowing things apart. The two hosts, Jamie and Adam, are special effects creators. They're curious about whether certain rumors or "urban legends" are true or not. They don't always guess correctly, but they do many tests to try and answer questions from viewers. I submitted the question about contact lenses at a barbecue. I'm not sure if they will test it because it's a very popular show. Many people around the word submit ideas of things to try. We'll see... Here's the website if you'd like to learn more: http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/web/mythbusters/ or tune in!

2 comments:

Steven said...

I love mythbusters! It is a unique show, my favorite show on discovery channel. Sadly i can't watch it anymore on my TV.

I have ever watch an episode where they are trying to proof the legends of a fat-sucking tool made up from normal utensils at home.

They did it and tested it, not on a human though, because on the legend , people died of it. I don't remember how they tested it, but in the end the urban legend is true, they actually found the article about the guy who died of it

CHS said...

Wow, the mythbuster's videos are so interesting. I have seen some of it's videos and they really broaden my knowledge.