Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Eyesight is Getting Worse

Last week I went to Jakarta Eye Center to have my eyes examined. I decided to go there because I wasn’t feeling comfortable with my glasses. I eventually got dizzy if I wear the glasses for a long time. I was going there on Friday right after I finished my class at 9.30 am. I arrived at Jakarta Eye Center approximately at 10.30 am. Fortunately, it was still early that the place wasn’t crowded with patients. So I didn’t have to wait for too long to get my eyes examined.
First I got my glasses checked, then my eyes. How the doctor examined my eyes was so interesting. I had to place my eyes in front of a hole where there was a picture of a boat inside. To test my eyes’ ability to read, I had to read letters in slides. The letters were becoming smaller after I finished reading each slide.
The test result was a surprise to me. My right eye’s cylinder increased from 0.50 to 2.50 dioptries and the left one increased from 0.00 to 1.00. I was really worried when I knew the result. My eyesight is becoming worse and worse. Maybe that is because I have been spending most of my times in front my computer. So, take care of your eyes. Keep your eyes healthy because they are so precious for us.

No comments: