Sunday, October 12, 2008

JA Titan

JA Titan is a web based game of business simulation. This game is one of the best business simulations that are widely used on the world. Classes used the game to enhance the student with a simulation regarding business. The game basically simulates you as a CEO of a holo-generator company if I’m not mistaken, that you must compete with others to reach the best position. There are many aspects in the game that are being counted as the performance index, it is the profit, market share, retained earning, E.T.C. This performance index is used for ranking the entire player that play with you. It is basically playing but we are also learning how to make a business decisions. We have to deal with the amount of production, sales, order, and matching demand with supply, even to research a new breakthrough to the industry. It is a fun game, but frustrating for the first time.

 

Binus University International held this JA Titan business competition called simbiz to high schools students last year, and they are going to hold it again on the same place next year in January. I’ve tried to play it for 5 times and I always lose the competition. I always ranked 8th out of 8 players, which the other player are computers with an easy difficulty level. What a shame to me. Then I tried to contact my friend that won last year simbiz competition, I dug up all the strategies I can get from him and then I played for the last time for that day. I amazingly got rank 3 out of 8 players after having such a great straight losses. It is an interesting game, I recommend it to everyone as it is not only a game, but it is also about your decision in approaching business problem. It is a business simulation, better messed up in business simulation than messing up in the future using a real money.



Source :

titan.ja.org/

1 comment:

CHS said...

This game is really good for someone who want to do some bussiness practices. I recommend this game to be included in your bookmark.