Sunday, October 5, 2008

Public Blackout

A couple of days ago, my family and i decided to try a new chinese restaurant called Golden Leaf which had just opened at Kelapa Gading. The restaurant was quite full, about 90 percent of the tables were occupied. Half way through our dinner the lights suddenly went out, at first we though it was just a normal blackout and that it affected the whole area, but when i looked outside i could see that we were the only ones experiencing it. When I put my attention back to the restaurant I realised that people had started panicking and were pushing and shoving their way out the main entrance. My family and I were not quite sure of what was happening and didn't know what to do, we didn't want to leave as we had not yet paid for our food, then I heard somebody say there was a fire, so we decided to stand outside just to be safe. I saw that many people had already rushed to their cars and taken off, without paying for their dinners. We, along with a number of other families waited outside for a short while, the lights then came back on and after the staff had assured us that their was nothing wrong and that everything was fixed we went back inside to finish our food. Whact actually happened was that the fuse had blown and perhaps some people had seen some sparks blow out.

While finishing off our dinner, my family discussed what they thougt had happenned. My sister thought there had perhaps been a hostage situation. After seeing a man out side running away, my brother thought a crime of some sort had been commited. I was the least inventive as I only thought that there had been fire. I over heard the next table's conversation and they thought that there could have been a bomb attack. I looked around and saw that alot of people came back, but also that their were a lot of empty tables which still had food which meant that quite a number of people left without paying. I wonder how much loss the restaurant suffered. This goes to show how much past events such as the bomb attacks have affected the way we think and how paranoid some of us have become.

4 comments:

Steven Winarto said...

OMG....the restaurant must have loss a lot !
I thought that the foods there have the same taste as Yen Yen restaurant.

Monica Hadeli said...

Yeah they probably lost alot. The food is pretty much the same as Yen Yen, I heard the same person owns it or maybe one of the partners that owns Yen Yen decided to open his own restaurant

Winston said...

no no... you're wrong monica.. Many people said that yenyen's owner and golden leaf's owner is the same person.. But the truth is, the yenyen's manager is being recruited to be the manager at golden leaf's restaurant... Btw, the food at golden leaf is quite delicious...

Winston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.